Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or treat

Yesterday was Halloween. To have 'Protein Thursday' on a day filled with sugary goodness was a whole new level of torture but I made it without any cheating. The kids are happy with their loot and will be set for candy for months.

There was some weight gain this week compared to the one prior but I blame 'time of the month' for that. I tend to swell up like a balloon in the days prior and the first few days of it.

I made the most delicious chicken this week. Took a whole chicken, peeled off the skin and rubbed it with a spice/herb mix (salt free). It was then cooked in the crock pot for about 8 hours together with some carrots, celery, onions and garlic. It was the most tender and juicy chicken I've ever eaten and it will most definitely be made again.

Here's my weekly weight recap:

October 26      137.6 lbs Celebration meal: Cheeseburgers/fries (home made). Chips for desert.
October 27      138.2 lbs
October 28      138.8 lbs (time of the month started)
October 29      139.2 lbs Whole wheat pasta with leftover chicken
October 30      139.2 lbs (I cheated and ate 4 oatmeal cookies)
October 31      138.4 lbs Protein Thursday
November 1     137.6 lbs

Weight Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment