Monday, July 29, 2013

The girls

142 lbs this morning. Getting so close now.

Today I'm talking boobs. As you lose weight your boobs will inevitably change their mass as well. I'm not overly concerned with their size. They could cease to exist for all I care and then I wouldn't have these problems.

 What problems you ask? Well let me tell you. I can not find a bra that fits. It's impossible. I've tried on every bra in every size available in retail stores in my area and none of them fit. My old bras are naturally too big now so I NEED new ones desperately. I've scoured the web for bra discussions, measuring techniques, bra fitting guides and so on. According to them all there is this one specific size I should try on, with a few options around the same range.

Did you know bras have sister sizes? I didn't know that either. Apparently a 34DD has the same cup volume as a 36D or a 32DDD but different band size. Well.. a 36 band size is now too big for me, so I have to go with a 34 which fastens and supports just fine.. but a D is too little and a DD is too big. The girls in the store were completely stumped. They had me try on a 36D, which was way too big in the band and kept riding up in the back. Eventually they admitted defeat and mumbled something about a speciality store in the next town over. Having checked out this speciality store I'm thinking they have no idea what I need.

I've considered online shopping, but then there's the dilemma of not being able to try stuff on before buying it and having to deal with returns. Plus, all the online bra stores I've found are ridiculously expensive. I don't see myself paying $95 for a bra... ever. Trying to keep the costs low and finding a weird size do not go hand in hand.

My quest will inevitably continue over the next few weeks.


Weight Tracker Stats
Start weight:
185.2 lb
Weight change:
Lost 43.2 lb
Current weight:
142.0 lb
BMI Status:
Normal
Goal
Goal weight:
141.0 lb
% Goal Complete:
97.7%
% Time Complete:
83.9%
Days left:
24
Weight Trends (Pounds)
7 day30 day90 day
Change-1.4-9.6-26.4
Average143.0146.1155.6

No comments:

Post a Comment