Sunday, July 21, 2013

Water retention is evil and smaller pants are good for the morale.

The past three days have been incredibly frustrating. I gained close to 3 pounds overnight Thursday and needless to say there were a few curses uttered to the scale Friday morning. Saturday morning I was up 1 more pound. I couldn't figure out why, but was hoping water retention was the culprit.

The only thing I'd eaten that was different was some sliced turkey, which had low fat and very low sodium content, so I figured it was OK. Reading the ingredients a little closer though I noticed it had some sugar in it so I quickly discarded it, I had only eaten maybe 3-4 slices so I don't think it did much damage. I had also used a tiny bit more salt than usual when making a roast and also a little bit of salt for a boiled egg I ate for a snack.

I decided to cut down on the salt and up my green tea intake and it seems to have done the trick. I was back to 143 lbs this morning. 3 pounds left until I enter consolidation. So, again, green tea has saved my butt. Green tea is like the superhero of dieting.

In other news I went to a thrift store this past week, because ALL my clothes are too big (and thrift stores are awesome when you're on a budget). I was able to get a pair of size 9 shorts on.. and actually button them AND able to sit down in them without cutting off the blood supply to my legs. In other words.. they fit!! I also picked up three shirts size medium, I can't ever remember wearing medium. So for now, from a size 14-15 to a size 9 pant and from XXL tops to Medium. Not bad at all if I say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment