Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cruise Phase week 5

Weighed in at 167.2 pounds this morning. That's a loss of 18 pounds total so far. I had a couple of days where I gained weight for no apparent reason but this morning it had all come off again. I suspect it was water retention, it's been really warm outside the past week.

I had some cravings the other day for the first time really since I started. I wanted to sit down and devour a bag of chips, specifically Lay's kettle cooked sour cream onion chips. I managed to will myself out of doing it, but it was rough.

Another terrible thing happened... The store I go to stopped selling the fabulous breakfast ham (the one that was 2% fat and 6% sodium) and I haven't found any other place that sells that particular brand. I wrote to the manufacturer to see if they distribute to any other stores in the area but so far I haven't got a reply. I wanted to try turkey bacon instead but after having read the ingredients I chose not to. There's a LOT of junk in turkey bacon that sounds scary on several different levels.

My last veggie day I didn't eat any asparagus and that may be a reason why I retained so much water. Today is a PV day and I'll make sure to eat some with supper.

Only 2 pounds left until I reach the 20 pound mark. That will be a proud moment for me. I'll take new measurements at that point, and another batch of pictures to compare with once the diet is finished. According to the Dukan calculator I'm set to reach my goal weight of 141 pounds on August 22, but at the rate I'm losing right now I might actually get there before. It's only taken me a little over a month to get to this point. But.. only time will tell. The loss rate may slow down at some point.





No comments:

Post a Comment