Friday, September 20, 2013

Surviving cake and chocolate temptations

This week has been absolutely terrible for cravings. There has also been more yummies than normal around.

We had the birthday party for my son on Saturday, Made a huge Lego block shaped cake, tons of icing and filled with vanilla paste. We had gone out for breakfast in the morning and I used that as my celebration meal. Bacon, eggs, home fries, pancakes and toast. So much sodium and fat in that breakfast alone to last me months.... but it was delicious nonetheless. Had the birthday cake for dessert. It wasn't attached to the meal itself this time, for logistics reasons, but was eaten in the afternoon. I may or may not have had two pieces...

The day after the party, with all the cake leftovers in the fridge, was a true test of willpower. I ended up caving in and taking out a piece in the evening though after eating two spoonfuls I decided it's not worth it and stuck it in the trash instead.

There was also chocolate temptations aplenty. My son is selling chocolate to raise funds for his hockey team. Three boxes with a total of sixty bars. As parents we are expected to buy some, obviously, luckily for me half the box had bars containing almonds (which I am allergic to) so I ended up buying half a box to be supportive. There are now 15... strike that.. 14 bars of chocolate in my fridge. I had a weak moment and devoured a caramel chocolate bar. It's hard resisting the temptation to eat more. This is pretty nice quality chocolate... and I'm a chocoholic. It also doesn't help that I'm the only one in the house who actually likes chocolate.

I should probably also confess, now that I'm confessing all my sugary sins, that I haven't bothered to take a walk in the past two months.  /ashamed

Here's a recap of my weight for the week:

September 14     138.9 lbs (Celebration meal and cake)
September 15     138.8 lbs (cake slip up)
September 16     139.2 lbs
September 17     138.8 lbs (Whole wheat pasta meal)
September 18     137.6 lbs (chocolate incident)
September 19     138.2 lbs (Protein Thursday)
September 20     137.0 lbs


Weight Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment