Friday, September 13, 2013

Consolidating away

I'm past the cookie incident now. Decided to stop beating myself up about it and just move on and stick with the consolidation rules.

Tomorrow is my sons birthday and we are going out for breakfast. He likes to have fancy French toast for his birthday. I'll make this my celebration meal of the week. I'm very excited about the prospect of eating bacon for the first time since March... and pancakes. There will, of course, be cake as well but in the afternoon so yeah maybe a little rule bender on the dessert being together with the meal but it's a birthday so I think an exception can be justified.

This week in food has been fairly uneventful. I haven't made anything super fancy meal wise. Just same old same old. I looked at a bunch of the recipes in the Dukan book but nothing really jumps out at me. They all look so pretentious and fancy. I'm not a food hipster that drizzles a light balsamic vinaigrette on my meals and eats with my pinky sticking out.. ya know? I'm more of a meat and potatoes kind of person though the potatoes are, naturally, out of the picture for right now.

I saw my brother in law this week for the first time since I started the diet. So in essence he saw the entire 46 pounds being gone right at once and not gradually like other people. His reaction was a HUGE boost to the self esteem. He said I look fantastic and that it was amazing that I had such discipline and was able to lose it in such a short period of time.

Here's a recap of my weight for the week, I did have one square of dark chocolate each day:

September 7    137.6 lbs  (Celebration meal. Cheeseburger/fries. Ice cream sandwich.)
September 8    139.0 lbs
September 9    138.4 lbs
September 10  138.0 lbs (Starchy meal. Whole wheat pasta)
September 11  138.6 lbs
September 12  138.4 lbs (Protein Thursday)
September 13  136.6 lbs


Weight Chart

No comments:

Post a Comment